- Relax one arm, palm up, on the top of your thigh or a desk or other stable, flat surface.
- Push the heel of your hand slowly along the forearm in the direction of your wrist.
- Use enough pressure to feel some heat, but not enough to give yourself a brush burn or irritate the skin.
- Do the same thing across your open palm, all the way down towards your fingertips, and again over the mound of your thumb.
- Repeat a few times.
- Switch hands and repeat the sequence.
Adding a tennis ball to the massage is a helpful tool. Gripping a tennis ball while performing the above exercise down to the wrist, gives added pressure and affects forearm muscles while in motion. You can also place the tennis ball on the table or desk and roll your arm over the ball for more muscle tension release.