Basil is a workhorse in its ability to promote overall body health and wellness. In fact, with the exception of Lavender oil, very few oils even come close to doing as much as Basil oil does for the mind and body. From its ability to treat nausea, constipation and respiratory problems to its favorable effects on diabetes, back pain and various psychiatric disorders, Basil is an amazing healer and wellness tool. It is even a good source of vitamin A, magnesium, iron and calcium.
Basil essential oil is a colorless to pale yellow liquid with a sweet, spicy, slightly green, fresh scent with a balsamic woody undertone. It should smell like the basil plant - not like licorice. The 16th century herbalist, John Gerag, wrote, "The smell of Basil...taketh away sorrowness and maketh a man merry and glad." Who could argue with that? No wonder Basil essential oil is a must have for Aroma Rain Massage.
* Aids in digestion
* Provides relief from pain
* Improves blood circulation
* Relieves stress and depression
* Treats asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis and infections
* Gives relief from colds and fever
* Quickly relieves bloodshot eyes
* Enhances the luster of dull-looking skin and hair
Caution: pregnant or nursing women should avoid Basil